This month we launched a new video that explores the effects of Covid-19 on first responders over the last year. The toll has been huge and is expected to continue into the next year and beyond. It’s important to recognize the impact and support our nation’s department in overcoming these challenges.
Despite a history of resistance to expand coverage for firefighters in North Carolina. On April 1st, Senate Bill 472 was introduced. This bill would expand coverage and provide firefighters with a trust worth $25,000 to deal with upfront medical costs.
Top News Stories:
- New funding to curb wildfires pushed in Congress, as another fire season looms
- Similar bills to help first responders with health issues are in front of legislators. They’re likely to have different outcomes.
- Fla. governor announces first responders will receive $1K bonuses this summer
- Ballot question aims to aid municipal fire departments
- House Passes HERO Act to Provide Mental Health Resources to First Responders
- S.C. EMS director hails ‘huge turnaround’ after hiring, retention struggle
- In Focus: Statewide legislation helps Kentucky firefighters deal with mental health issues
- Texas groups launch $1.1M initiative to donate equipment to first responders in 22 counties