Firefighters and EMS Fund is proud to begin 2019 by renewing our fight to support legislative initiatives that will benefit firefighters both on and off duty. It is paramount that the resources they need to carry out their jobs be made readily available for use.
As 2019 has few political events to focus on, Firefighters and EMS Fund is hitting the ground in search of problems that need fixed. We’ve been keeping our eyes and ears open to ensure no call goes unheard. By monitoring referenda and reporting on recent trends, attending conferences to forge new partnerships, joining associations to understand the issues in all aspects of the industry, and adding knowledgeable individuals to our team, we expect to be able to continue making a positive difference. Read on to see how we’re doing just that:
- Report of LODD
- Firefighter Health Series on Firefighters and EMS Fund’s website
- Report on voter turnout
- Advisory Committee members press release
2019 Conference Schedule
- Fire Department Instructors Conference – April 8-13 – Indianapolis, IN
- National Fire Protection Association Conference – June 17-20 – San Antonio, TX
- Fire Rescue International – August 7-10 – Atlanta, GA
- Firehouse Expo – October 8-12 – Nashville, TN
In conclusion, we are moving steadily through 2019 with the objective of understanding the most effective ways and efficient times for us to be available to help fire departments meet their legislative goals.
Take a look back at how 2018 went for Firefighters and EMS Fund. See what events we attended and learn more about our political accomplishments here.