It may be a new year, but the struggles of improper funding, lack of stimulus help and the raging pandemic still remain. Firefighters and EMS Fund took a look at 6 ballot measures that failed in last year’s elections and examines the impacts these have on their local fire departments.
We are nearing a year since this pandemic struck our country, and still feeling the effects of it all. Many more fire department layoffs are likely in 2021. Firefighters and EMS Fund urge supporters to demand elected officials to step up for first responders during these times. As always, this year’s mission is to give a grassroots voice to firefighters across the country in the state and local political process. Stay tuned for more projects to come.
Top News Stories:
- NJ governor signs law expanding death benefits for spouses of fallen firefighters
- ‘Human disaster’ unfolding in LA will get worse, experts say
- Former Jackson firefighter announces candidacy for mayor
- Oakland fire stations may close due to budget deficit
- Chicago Firefighters Who Got COVID-19 Say They Were Told It Is Not Considered An On-The-Job Illness
- Pa. fire company to disband after 122 years of service
- Bill proposing dedicated fund for wildfire response introduced in Legislature
- Firefighters Want Halt on Money From Makers of PFAS-Laden Gear
- Horry County fire departments using new equipment to protect employees