As always it is our mission to give firefighters and fire departments a voice. With the unprecedented events that we’ve experienced this year, from Covid-19 to the horrible wildfires, we know that departments are hurting and in need. We have launched a petition to Stop Fire Department Budget Cuts. Budget cuts are causing major layoffs, increasing response times and hurting our local communities, not to mention putting our firefighters and first responders in harm’s way. Keep this in mind when you head to the polls.
We’ve been working directly with fire districts in Ohio, Washington, and Texas on crucial ballot measures and are happy to have provided support for advertising and aided in education and community engagement for the people impacted by these ballot measures. Stay tuned for more about all of our successes.
If you haven’t done so already, please do not forget to vote on November, 3rd. Your vote matters to first responders and your communities. Download your copy of our voter guide to learn about the top issues to keep in mind when heading to the polls.
Top News Stories:
- How to create a culture of support around firefighter trauma
- Mayor gives key to city to Toledo firefighter, urges voters to approve Issue 3
- Pflugerville firefighters secure signatures to create new ESD as region grows
- Chester County Fire, EMS Agencies to Receive $510K in COVID-19 Grants
- New Orleans FFs already feeling impact of furloughs: ‘It’s going to get worse’
- Winds push Colo. wildfire to largest in state history
- Ind. city considers volunteer FF program due to shortage of full-time staff
- EMS Counts Act’ introduced in Congress
- Tough Fire Season Takes Toll on Firefighters’ Mental Health
- Senate Approves Bipartisan Bills to Boost Fire and EMS Services Throughout PA