It was a tough year for wildland firefighters this year. The frequency and severity of fires played a tough toll on firefighters and their families.
There are many firefighters across the country who do not wish to receive the Covid-19 vaccine, and are now being faced with a mandate. Many are deciding between getting the vaccine and keeping their job.
Top News Stories:
- Michigan EMS agencies ‘very encouraged’ by funding boost from state budget
- Orange County approves firefighter’s cancer death benefit under SB 426
- With proposed tax, Summit Fire officials seek to expand wildfire preparedness and add a facility in the northern part of the county
- Tenn. EMS station shuts down amidst staff shortage
- Local firefighter union calls for change, officially endorses opponents for upcoming city council races
- Iowa FD launches program to connect residents with local resources
- Legislation announced to raise pay for federal wildland firefighters to at least $20 an hour
- Congress may try again to create a firefighter cancer registry